Tuesday 8 March 2016

Want freedom in India, not from India: Kanhaiya

eturning to a hero's welcome in the university after spending three weeks in detention over sedition charges, JNU students' union president Kanhaiya Kumar delivered a powerpacked political speech.

"I am not asking for freedom from India, I am asking for freedom in India," said Kanhaiya during an hourlong address peppered with humour and sarcasm, which Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal described as "brilliant".

"I have many differences with the prime minister but I agree with his tweet - Satyameva Jayate. I also say Satyameva Jayate, the truth shall triumph, because it belongs to the country and the Constitution," said the 28-yearold, showing no signs of trauma from his jail stint and the attack on him by lawyers at Patiala House courts.

No comments:

Post a Comment